Picking up on March’s successful Hoya Dinner Club (HDC), we invite you to join us for the 2nd installation of the monthly event at Nazca Mochica in Dupont Circle. Nazca Mochica is the premier Peruvian restaurant in the D.C. area. Washington Post food critic Tom Sietsma named it to his 10 best new restaurants list in 2016. That same year, Nazca Mochica earned Michelin stars catapulting it to the status of a DC hot spot. The restaurant includes a cebiche and pisco bar downstairs with more traditional dining and modern outfit upstairs. Our menu this month includes the famed cebiche and causitas. Nazca Mochica is owned by Hoyas, Robert Preston and Walter Lopez.
The price for the prix-fixe menu is $50 for club members, $55 for non-members.
The menu includes:
Drink (choose one): One wine, beer, or cocktail
Appetizer (choose one):
● Causitas: Causa is very unique Peruvian dish. Served cold as a starter, or as a light meal, it is a seasoned mashed potato terrine, stuffed with tuna, egg, shrimp, or avocado. It is often topped with ají or black olives.
● Yuquitas: Yuquita frita is undoubtedly the perfect appetizer to complement a delicious meal. Yucca, as well as potato, is a Latin American tuber characterized by its high starch content.
● Ocopa: Ocopa in Peruvian cuisine is a smooth sauce made from huacatay, originally from the city of Arequipa, that may be served hot, as dressing for boiled potatoes, or may garnish cold hard-boiled eggs.
Entrees (choose one):
● Aji de Gallina: Aji de gallina is a delicious Peruvian classic—slightly spicy and bright yellow from the famous aji amarillo peppers, and rich from the unusual cream sauce made with ground walnuts.
● Mochica Cebiche: Michica Cebice is a lime marinated “a la minute” seasonal white fish , octopus, cilantro , red onions , sweet potato glaze , creamy “rocoto” paste , “aji limo” , fried calamari rings
● Lomo Saltado: Lomo Saltado is beef tenderloin wok sauté in “lomo saltado” sauce, red onions, roma tomatoes, garlic, cilantro, homemade french fries, served with a side of white rice Dessert: Alfajores Please reserve your seat by April 13th.
**Please reserve your seat by April 13th.**
The Hoya Dinner Club (HDC) is a new dining program for metro DC area alumni to socialize and enjoy a meal together in a group setting. Our goal is to build community by providing an opportunity for alumni across various classes to interact on a regular basis throughout the year, experience the DMV restaurant scene, and network over dinner and drinks.